Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Amazing Weekend

Well I wasn't sure how the weekend would go, but it went 100 times better then I could of expected. I guess I should tell you what we did...right?

Friday night nothing to much was going on. We went to the gro
cery store to get somethings for Jeff for our weekend trip, and then the boys went and got their hair cuts at Great Clips. I normally only take Jeff to Jody, but he needed a hair cut desperately and Jody wasn't available. The lady did an okay job. She pissed me off at first because she said she wouldn't use scissors to cut his hair because it's dangerous. Well Jody has been cutting his hair for over a year now and we've never had a problem! The lady insisted on using trimmers, but I was afraid it would looked buzzed instead of like a little boy haircut, but it ended up turning out cute! Jeff was so proud of showing off his haircut to his daddy...wish I would of had the camera to take some pictures, but I forgot it at home. We got some quick Chipotle & Burger King, then home to enjoy the rest of the evening.

Saturday, Nick had an early game and I was up getting things together around the house so we could leave at a decent time for Tiffin. It's amazing how much stuff you need for a 2 year old for an overnight trip. Nick said I over packed, but how can you not take his stuffed animals that he's used to sleeping with, or not have food for him to eat? It was a busy morning, but we actually got down to Tiffin around 12:30 which was perfect because then Jeff could take his nap down there and get used to it a bit. See we went down to Tiffin so we could go out with Howard & Lauren, and then Nick's parents were going to be watching the boys. Ruthann was in heaven having her boys home I'm sure!!! Anyway, with Jeff down for a nap, I got to love on Lukas for a bit and oh he is just so sweet. Can't believe he's almost 7 weeks old either, time seriously just flies when they are that small. The guys were downstairs playing the Wii and having a great time, while us girls were upstairs yapping about who knows what. It felt good to be down there.

Jeff & Gus eating pushups together...yes the dog is really sitting at the table!



Jeff "helping" with the dishes...



Look at the grin...Jeff loves playing with Luke



We had a great time going out! We went to the Mill to have dinner, then to DP's for drinks afterwards. We were home at the early hour of 10:30, but it was the latest I had been out in I couldn't tell you how long. I did however find a new favorite drink that I LOVE...Long Island Ice Teas...OMG they are fabulous. I can't believe I've never had one before. Believe me when I say, I'll be having them much more often for sure!!!

Jeff was just okay for Ruthann, she said he cried on and off while we were gone, which I honestly was shocked about because he never cries when we leave, but on the plus side he went to sleep without any problems. Of course he woke up in the middle of the night and had to sleep with mom & dad, but ahh, he won't be wanting to do that to much longer.

Sunday we got up, I did some homework and then we all decided there was no way we were going to make church at 8, so we took our time getting ready. We all went to church and Jeff was great again! I tell you what, a sucker is all it takes for him to be good and it's well worth it if I'm able to listen to father during church. Ruthann fixed a great lunch and then we headed home so Jeff would sleep in his own bed for nap, plus mom needed a nap too! My nap was great and much needed since Jeff tossed and turned so much in his sleep. When my parents came home from the lake, Mom & I went to the spagetti dinner at St. Joe's with Jeff and enjoyed ourselves. I love going to that and the food is so great, wish they could have them more often for sure.

The weekend was wonderful and Lauren & I are already talking about when we can do it again!!!

No comments: