Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Talking Jeff Here We Come

Well I've listened to everyone tell me to not worry about Jeff talking, that he'll talk when he's ready, and that he's just a boy, don't worry, boys talk late. Well I'm hear to tell you that it's not normal and that Jeff has a problem.

At his 2 year checkup voiced our concerns to the doctor and she told me he is at a 15-18 month old level instead of 2 year old level and that we should get him evaluated and get him the help that he needs. I was so happy that she wanted him to get help!

Yesterday we had our evaluation and Joy could not believe that we weren't seen sooner. She said we did the right thing bringing him in and that Jeff has a severe speech development problem. He says maybe, maybe 10 words, and most of those are only after you ask him to say them, and he doesn't move his mouth to make sounds. She wants us to bring him in 2x a week for awhile, then slow it down. She is expecting an excellent outcome, and Nick & I couldn't be more happy. I take Jeff Monday at 4:30 and I'm so excited for him to start getting the help that he truly needs!

No comments: