Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Fabulous Weekend at The Lake!

The weekend started out great, and it stayed that way the whole way through! Friday Nick & I were both off work by 2. I know this isn't going to be happening anymore so I jumped at the chance to leave and hurried my hiney home. Jeff of course hadn't napped because he knew we were going to tha lake...yeah he gets excited too when he knows we are heading up there! Mom & I rode up together so we could talk, and Nick drove up with the dogs so he could enjoy a quiet car ride... We arrived at the lake around 5 I think, the guys were just getting in from fishing and it was nice to see grandpa & Uncle Tim. Aunt Helen & Uncle John were coming for dinner so we had just enough time to get unloaded and get things ready for them. It was a great evening of sitting around and listening to stories... I'm so glad I've learned to keep quiet around them, otherwise I'll get lectured about my beliefs, it's still nice to see them though.

We attempted another night of Jeff sleeping in the bunk bed...he did AWESOME, fell out around midnight but was still half asleep so I put him right back in and he slept there until 230 when he decided that he needed to come into mom & dads bed and sleep with us. I really do love snuggling with him, he just has to be right up againist me, reminds me of holding him when he was a baby.

Saturday we were able to sleep in until 730 and then the guys took off to get donuts and mom & I cleaned the cottage a little bit. Amazing how dirty a place can get when 3 guys are in the place for 2 1/2 days! We had a wonderful breakfast, and since you know Uncle Tim you know there was way to much food. I took Jeff up to Wal-Mart with me, to get our supplies for our trip to Chicago. I figured I could get snacks here and then I don't have to haul things from Toledo to the lake...made sense! I also got the oil changed in the car, it was a perfect timing and it worked so why not. When we got back to the lake Jeff was outside ALL DAY...I brought him in for a nap, but honestly besides that, it was hard keepingh him indoors. We did take a wonderful boat ride around the lake, it was freezing but felt good to have the first boat ride in for the season!

This morning was an early morning, but it was another great morning at the lake! Sun was shining early, and Jeff was outside by 9 and played till we loaded him in the car to go home. He cried when we told him it was time to go, it was sweet really. Luckily he was okay because I told him Uncle John was at home and would probably still be mowing when we got there. Jeff's face was so excited when we pulled in and Uncle John was still there! He stood there and waited and waited for John to tell him he could get on that mower and when he did he had the biggest smile on his face and he was so excited. After John & Steph took off, we took Jeff to Bass Pro and got him his very first fishing pool! He loves it and is carrying it around practicing with it, I'm sure he'll be using it this weekend at the lake. He was so proud for grandpa to come home and to be able to show him his fishing pole. It's amazing how dad just lights up when Jeff's give him that big smile of his. I know the two of them will create some great memories fishing together!

It's going to be an intersting week. My last day at work is Wednesday, wishing I was done already because I'm out of things to do. Looking forward to our vacation together, it's been since last May when we headed to Atlanta so this will be nice to be together. I'm interested to see how Jeff does being out of his element. I think he'll enjoy what we have planned though...at least I hope he does!

Daddy & Jeff checking out the lake!


First time on the boat for the year...he was so excited to get to go for a ride!

Daddy & Jeff taking their boat ride together!

Trying to get him to kiss a fish...he didn't!

Digging in the sand

Little Stinker...do you see the tongue sticking out?

They were watching a boat lift go in & I got lucky to get this awesome smile.

He was so excited to be able to mow with Uncle John.

No comments: