Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 25, 2009

Life Seems to Busy

I have no idea how I have not updated the blog in almost 2 weeks...I feel horrible about it, especially since this is how I keep up with what we are doing, but life has changed for the better since I last updated you all, so that is great. Now I just have to get better about making time for blogging, since I do really enjoy it!

I guess I'll start with last weekend...hopefully I can remember! Friday night the 6 of us headed out for dinner at Granite City, since it was gorgeous out and dad was still fishing up in Canada. The place was packed, which was nice. We waited a little bit, then got a nice table; we all sat around for awhile chatting...like we don't do that enough I know, but it's so much fun to gab with each other. Saturday was a nice and relaxing day, I don't think we did to much of anything which was a nice treat. That evening we had the St. Joseph Family Fair which was so much fun! Spent time showing my face and Jeff enjoyed jumping in one of the blow up things they had there. It was a little chilly but I think for the most part it was a great time had by all! Sunday we headed down to Tiffin so we could go to mass with Nick's family. Nick's dad is retiring in June and the school had a mass and refreshment thing for him. It was nice to be there with everyone, and Howie was surprised so it made it even better. We didn't stay to late though. I think we were home around 330 or so. With working longer hours now, my time is a little more precious! We did enjoy a nice cookout though Sunday evening. Felt good to relax and get ready for my week.

The week flew by...Nick has softball Monday & Wednesday nights now so he's gone literally from the time I get home until after Jeff is in bed, and I started getting things together for the lake Wednesday evening... seriously time just goes by way to quickly.

The weekend at the lake though was awesome!!! I can't believe it's already Memorial Day weekend. I bet if I went and searched long enough, you'd hear me saying the same thing last summer. The winter just flew and I have a feeling this summer will go by just as quickly. It was a little different working until 5 on Friday and not being able to sneak out early, but I really didn't mind to much. I left the office promptly at 5, hurried home, finished packing the last few items, got changed, loaded Jeff into the car and off we were. Nick didn't come with us on Friday, he stayed home to hang out with his friends Saturday night. Jeff was an angel in the car!!! We got to the lake by 730 and Jeff ran to the sand box, all excited to see his toys, it was so cute to see. Mom had made a yummy dinner, and I gave Jeff a quick bath, then we headed out for a boat ride. Felt good to be up there and relax...plus when we are up there Jeff gets to sleep with me!!! I love snuggling with him, but most of all, he likes sleeping with me!!!

Saturday morning Mom & Dad took Jeff to get some coffee and donuts and I took the quiet time to do my workout video. When they got make we made a yummy breakfast and then Mom, & I went off to do some shopping and Dad, John & Steph went to do their shopping. We weren't gone to long, but when we got back, Jeff helped Dad mow the lawn, I made him some lunch, then us girls and Jeff went for a wonderful walk. Felt good to not have to work so I could actually get a walk in. Jeff enjoyed playing in the sandbox for a long time and digging with his trucks, John fished with him on the dock for awhile...he was just content being outside, plus the weather was gorgeous so no complaints from me. When Jeff took a nap, I took the time to get a little sunshine. Felt good to lay out for a bit, and then I even got a shower!!! We decided to go out for dinner Saturday night...Adam's Lake Pub...it was awesome, we got to sit out on the patio and enjoy the view, just as if we were sitting on the deck at the cottage.

Sunday morning we were up and off to church. I started off sitting with everyone, but then quickly remembered that Jeff does much better sitting further away so we moved. He was so good...he just sat there and let me rub his back and he snuggled with his blankie. I think it was by far, the best he's ever been at church. After church we came back to the cottage to have breakfast, even though Jeff told papa that he wanted to eat out...oh lord, the things he already knows!!!! Jeff was grouchy though so after breakfast he went down for a nap and us girls did the workout video, then we went for a walk and the boys took care of Jeff. Julia came over and we sat around and chatted all afternoon while Jeff just played happily in the sandbox. Nick finally showed up around 3 or so, and honestly most of the afternoon was spent outside enjoying the weather. It was an early night last night though, we were all tired from the days activties.

It felt great to get up this morning and know that I didn't have to go into work!!! Jeff even slept in this morning until 745 so that was a very nice treat. The lake was great today...very windy and kind of chilly...we decided to go to breakfast, and then when we came back Nick took Jeff to a buffalo farm and they were able to ride of a tractor, pet the buffalo, Jeff even got licked in the face...that's all I really know about it. But it was nice to have a couple of hours to myself...I did my workout video, cleaned the cottage, took a walk...it was very nice to have some me time!!! We left shortly there after though... Jeff was good again on the way home, even fell asleep when we were close to the house. Nick was shocked when he got home and Jeff was still sleeping in the car! Felt good to be home and get ourselves ready for the week!

Looking forward to the week...it's a short one because I get off at 12 on Friday to go to a retirement party for the lady I'm taking over for at St. Joe's...plus it's my birthday so that is a double perk!

No comments: