Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Another Beautiful Weekend

It was great to head back up to the lake after only being home for 4 sleeps. Jeff was just as excited as Nick & I to get up there. Jeff was suppose to ride up with mom & dad, but dad got stuck at the office later than he wanted to be, so we were able to take off before them. It was a great car ride...Nick talked more than me...shocking right? He had told me that since I get to talk at work all the time that meant he didn't have to talk in the car...lol...I was prepared for silence and had nothing really to talk about. When we arrived at the lake, we got wood and started a fire and just enjoyed the evening! It was so peaceful up there, much quieter than it was last weekend.

Saturday was a busy day to say the least. All of the men left in the morning to head out and pick up dad's boat, so that meant us girls had a nice quiet house!!! I took the oppurtunity to try a new workout video. It kicked my butt, but I liked it, and then we took a 4 mile walk. It felt great to not have to push a stroller or listen to Jeff getting upset while we were walking. The guys weren't even back yet after I had showered and got ready for the day. I got Jeff some lunch so it would be ready for him when they got home, but sure enough, once they got there, they left right away to go and get sand for the sandbox. See it really was a busy day!! They arrived back with the truck but we decided to eat some lunch first since we were all starving. Lake lunches are the best, sandwiches, and chips...it's so yummy! Jeff got to help dump out the sand...he loved it and jumped right in grabbing a shovel to help unload it...very cute! We had some down time in the afternoon and I spent some time in the sun while Jeff played, well through toys into the lake for me to retrive. Oh yeah and we got a boat ride at some point so we could try out the new motor. No boat ride is complete thought without Olin jumping into the lake!!! We did church that night. I didn't nap Jeff and he was so exhausted that he slept during church...my child, slept during church. It was wonderful to not worry about what he was doing and to actually listen to what was being said...going to remember that trick for the future!!!! After church we went to Adam's Lake for dinner...got the worst waitor ever, but it was still nice to be with everyone. When we got back to the cottage, I got open my birthday presents...Mom & Steph got me some more work clothes, which was very nice of them...looking forward to wearing them when it's a little cooler this week.

Sunday it was great waking up and just enjoying the morning. We had a yummy breakfast of fish, which dad caught when he was in Canada. The bones get to me, but it's always fun and really good to eat. Honestly though, we spent the day just relaxing outside and enjoying the sunshine...something I don't mind at all! We got home around 4 and just let Jeff come out of his grumpiness, since he didn't get a long enough nap, and then we went to Sonic to eat dinner. IT WAS AWESOME...well not awesome but fun to let Jeff stand in the car and eat at the makeshift table, all 3 of us enjoyed it!

I'm looking forward to the week...Nick has softball a couple of nights, and I have no plans...thank goodness!!! No lake next weekend and we are hoping to enjoy some time at home the next couple of weeks...we'll see if we are itching to get back sooner than later though.



Jeff & Daddy emptying out the sand for the sandbox.



Digging right in to help!

Jeff & Papa testing out the boat...looks like it's working to me!

Just happy to be at the lake.

No comments: