Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 1, 2010

The Quiet Weekend!

Our weekend was great! The family was out of town so it really just was the 3 of us and even though Jeff gave me a hard time about it...A LOT, it was still nice to be home.

We did start off the weekend by going to Smokey Bones for dinner. It tasted great and was really good, but I was disappointed in the price. We had a buy 1 get 1 coupon and our bill was still about $40. Of course I know that was because we got a few extras, but still. We came home and I think all of us crashed! Pathetic yes, but since we are all getting up early it feels good to go to bed early.

Saturday Nick had to work in the morning which was great because that meant I still got up early, got my workout in, showered, and then received a phone call saying that "I'm hungry, is it to late to take you up on your breakfast offer?" Sure no problem, Jeff & I hurried up and got ready, loaded the car and took off for breakfast. Got to the plant, visited for awhile, ate, then hurried off to swim lessons. Then of course after swimming we had to run a couple of errands because we needed food in our house. Crazy enough yet? When I got home I was running around trying to hurry and make lunch so we could leave at a decent time and go with Nick to the basketball game. I drop Nick off at the game, he calls me 5 minutes later saying the game doesn't start until 255 so I have some time...great, I don't really have anything to do! Jeff & I killed some time at ToysRUs before heading back to the game. We had fun, the boys won, it was actually a close game and tense as always. Tim, from the plant showed up, so afterwards he was lifting Jeff up towards the basket and of course it's all Jeff can talk about. Jeff fell asleep in the car on the way home, so we just drove around for awhile, grabbed some food, then went home to enjoy the rest of the night...felt great.

Sunday we got up at a decent time, and went to the hotel to have breakfast with Amanda & Audrey and swim...it's nice we can have such a great time together. What are we going to do when mom & dad aren't at the hotel??? Anyway, we headed home and all relaxed all afternoon...took naps, I did homework, cooked dinner...relaxed and it felt great.

It was nice to be by ourselves this weekend and not have the phones ringing. Of course I love being around my family, but it's just nice to have some down time as well.

No comments: