Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back From Our Mini Vacation!

I'm sad to be back at work this morning! It was wonderful having Monday & Tuesday off of work and to be able to spend some quality time by ourselves at the lake. It was so peaceful and relaxing. We really didn't do to much of anything, just hung out by the sandbox with Jeff, but it was the point that we didn't have to be on a schedule that made all of the difference!

The weekend was great! Nick's friends, Justin and Pat, and Bethany, Pat's girlfriend were up for the weekend. It was so nice for Nick to get to see everyone and have fun together. I didn't really get to spend to much time with them, I was always cooking or cleaning up the cottage, but it was still great to see them. They were wonderful with Jeff too. We have some new habits we need to break now, but it's nice to see 26 year olds excited to see a 19 month old.

Saturday I had to take Jeff to the LaGrange ER. He was walking on the dock and then all of a sudden he wasn't putting any weight on his foot and was screaming. Nick & I sat and looked at it and his ankle looked swollen and puffy, so we decided we should go have it looked at, just in case. I got there and wouldn't you know the problem was a stupid splitner in his foot. I was so upset that I had to bring my child in for a splinter. The worst part was Nick & I even looked at his foot for that, but of course we didn't see it. Live & Learn...right???

Sunday we spent a good couple of hours tubing! Oh my lord it was hilarious and so much fun, I haven't laughed like that in a long time. Nick & Pat went together, Pat & Bethany...the air and waves that they got were great! You had to be there, but it was just a riot. Jeff even enjoyed the boat ride as well.

The Waterfight began!

Pat & Nick...the ride is only beginning...

Nick tried to jump on the tube, only to fall off!!!

Monday, Jeff decided to wake up at 5am!!!! Hello kiddo, it's vacation, you sleep in. I got him up and brought him in bed with us and he ended up sleeping until around 7 or so. Jeff & I went running around the lake, I just love running up there, it's so peaceful, but for a Monday there were a few people out and about. Truthfully though, Monday was spend vegging. Jeff played with Brooke, I saw in the sun, and while Jeff took his nap, we just watched tv. It was nice not to have to rush here or there. We had an awesome dinner on the grill and then we went to Lucy's and got some ice-cream, it was just a great day.

Jeff & Brooke...the smiles on their faces say it all!



He was so proud!

Tuesday we knew we had to come home by a decent time, so I got up ran again and then we started cleaning. Jeff was so tired he went down for a morning nap, and Nick and I got to work. Luckily I had done some cleaning on Sunday so I didn't have a ton to do, but it took all morning. By 12 we were in the car heading home. Mom took me down to see Steph's classroom which was fun since I hadn't seen it yet. She looks so grown up in there, I'm so happy that she got a job and is doing what she loves, you can tell she really enjoys it! Other then that, Nick went off to work for the evening and Jeff and I headed to the library for books...our lives are just so exciting, aren't they?

One minute he looks like this!



Honestly 2 seconds later, he looks like this!

No comments: