Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Long Weekend = End of Summer

The summer is over, well not technically over, but in my eyes it is. The lake was bustling this weekend, boats and waverunners all over, family get togethers...people enjoying the last little bit of summer. Yesterday you saw people taking out their boats and docks...it's always a sad time. But at the same time I just try and remember that in 9 short months it will be Memorial Day and the lake season will just be beginning!

Oh where should I even start, we had a fun filled weekend for sure!!!! Nick had to work Friday and Saturday night, so Jeff & I headed up to the lake with Mom & Dad. Steph & John arrived shortly their after, with all of the new mattress on the trailor...thus the adventures of Friday night begin! Mom & Dad were at dinner, so it was John, Steph, & me...along with baby Jeff...need I say more? We started moving around 830 and finished around 11! We had some great laughs, and we sweated a lot, but now we have no more full size beds at the lake...mom & dad have a king, Steph & John have a king, Nick & I have a queen, and then the guest room downstairs has a queen too. It was wonderful getting it all put together, and Jeff was really good too. He spent some time helping Uncle John, as Steph & I were hulling mattresses out!

Saturday was just a picture, perfect day! Besides my son being awake for 3 hours in the middle of the night, everything turned out okay. Jeff got to take a boat ride with Grandpa, Grandma, and Aunt Teppie, so I snuck off and went running by myself, which was great. By the time I got back, the guys already had mattresses loaded on John's truck and were headed to the dump, and Steph was getting ready to lay Jeff down for a nap. Alexanders were coming up by 12, so us girls took off into town so we could get some finishing touches for our beds...it was fun. By the time we got back, we had lunch and sat around and gabbed with everyone for a long time. It was great to catch up with Ben, since he is just getting home from New Zealand, it's fun to listen to him talk, since he's caught some of "their" lingo. Saturday night was a blast! Our next door neighboor puts on a concert for everyone in our section. It's great to talk to everyone and listen to music...great times!!!!! Even Jeff was dancing all over the place, he LOVED it! Oh and FYI...Jeff says "John!" He said it all Saturday morning, but really hasn't said it to much since.

Uncle John, Jeff (grabbing sunglasses), & Aunt Steph at the concert!



Jeff pointing and showing me Uncle John's truck!


Jeff checking out his football...

I LOVED this picture of him...he was just sitting nicely


Was being goofy with his ball...not sure what he was trying to accomplish

Let's see we had big news on Sunday...Jeff slept in his bed all night Saturday!!!! This is a huge accomplishment because normally he'll wake up in the middle of the night, when we are at the lake, and want to come in my bed. It was so nice to sleep by myself! But anyway, we got up and went running while everyone else was at church. Felt great to run off all of the alcohol I drank the night before!!!! Nick got to the lake around 10:30, Jeff was so cute running to Nick, you could tell that his missed his playmate! Ray & Rosie also came for a visit, so it was nice they were able to see Jeff show his "true" colors. Other then that we spent Sunday relaxing and hanging out in the water. It was great!!!

Jeff & Dad burying Olin's football

Jeff enjoying splashing in the water

I LOVED this picture I took...he looks so serious and like he's on a mission.

Steph & I enjoying some laughs...

The boys working on the fire

No comments: