Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 22, 2008

It's Frigid Out There!

I think that is only title that I can come up with for this post. Right now Toledo is having arctic air over us and it really is cold. My weather bug on my computer says it's 4 out right now... it definitely needs to warm up a bit for my liking!

Well it's Monday again, what else can we say? I'm not happy to be back to work this morning, but I'm happy that it's only a 2 1/2 day work week. I just realized that I took no pictures this weekend...not sure why, but disappointed. I'll have to break the camera out tonight. We had no major plans this weekend, but somehow the weekend was full!

The weekend started off great though! I got to leave work Friday at 11:30 so I could go and get Jeff from mom, since the plant was having their Christmas party. Well we ended up getting to stay and eat so that was really nice. Nick also got his Christmas bonus, which was incredible. RRP was extremely generous to their employees this year and we are very grateful. I took Jeff over to Lily's Friday night and the kids got to play together. They get along pretty well together which is good, but I don't appreciate the fact that Lily is allowed to do whatever the hell she wants. I still discipline Jeff when we are over there, but it's just hard when one child is allowed to do something and the other one is not. Of course Jeff picked up a few new bad habits, but we are trying to break those.

I didn't sleep very well Friday night, was up coughing most of the night, so I went back to the doctors in the morning and I got another round of medicine and some cough medicine with codine to help me sleep at night! Rushed home, hurry up and got ready, and then we all headed up to Stanley's, a polish deli, so we could get kiebashi for breakfast on Christmas. It was so much fun to go up there, I hadn't been up there for years, and Nick had never been. It's just a neat little place! Then we headed to Nick's basketball game and Nick's parents came up with Kyleigh to watch to game. It was nice having them here. Jeff & Kyleigh played together for a good while, and then he went down for a nap, and I left for the Y so I could get a good workout in. Got home and everyone had left and Nick was sound asleep on the chair...he stayed that way for most of the night too! Since Nick was being a humbug, Jeff & I went to Anderson's and looked at the fish and birds. We needed something to do, but I wasn't about to deal with the crowds. Then as a treat he & I went to Chiptole and got some yummy food! After we had eaten, Nick decided that he couldn't wait to give me my Christmas present so I got to open it...Jeff & Nick gave me an Ipod Touch and the Nike Sport... I LOVE IT!!!! I'm so excited to figure it all out so I can use it when I run and workout.

Sunday I was woke up to a screaming baby and no power at 6:20! And the bonus to this was I had not slept well the night before either. So since we were up so very early we headed off to church at 7, then out to breakfast. When we got home the electricity was back on, thank goodness!!! We sat around for a little while, then John asked if he could take Jeff out in the truck to salt with him. I was shocked but more then happy to give this little guy away. John & Steph left, I fed Jeff and got him ready and Nick got ready to go too. Well god love John, but he doesn't realize that when you tell an almost 2 year old that you'll come back soon, you have to hurry back! Jeff was so ready to go, but had to wait almost an hour and a half for John to get back to the house. He was happy to see him though! We loaded up the boys and got them off, and then Steph & I went and dropped of the Stratus to get the oil changed and then headed off for some shopping. It was so nice not to have to worry about taking Jeff out in the cold. In the meantime, the power had gone out again at home and Jeff fell asleep in the car...shocking I know! It was nice to get some time by myself though. Steph & I had fun too, so that's all that really matters! The rest of the day was just relaxing, I cleaned out my car, the guys brought Jeff home around 2, I tried to lay him down for a nap, but that wasn't going to happen, and we watched movies...a nice day!

No comments: