Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend was Awesome

It was great having 4 days off from work. Just felt nice and the time actually went slow, which never happens. We started off the long weekend by going out for dinner Wednesday night with the family, well Jeff & I went, but Nick had basketball practice so he didn't get to come, but it was nice to go out with everyone else, then later Nick headed down to Tiffin so he could go out with all of his friends. He said it was great to see everyone and spend time with them.

Thursday I got up and sat and talked with mom & dad for awhile. They were heading up to the lake, and I got ready to go to my preturkey meal turbo workout, and Caroline came to babysit for Jeff for me. The workout was great! We were suppose to head down to Tiffin for lunch that day, but Nick's dad was sick and they weren't going to have everyone over. Truthfully, it felt good to be home and not do a darn thing. Jeff & I made our way to the grocery store to pickup a few items, but that was it. When we got home, I made our Thanksgiving lunch which consisted of steak, rice casserole, and asparagus...it was different but good. After Jeff was done with his nap, we headed over to Hoover's to have dessert with them. It was nice to see everyone over there, and Jeff had a great time playing with all of the kids... he loves that family!








Being a goofball...I love the lips though!!!

Friday was another early day! I went to Anderson's so I could get one of the "Black Friday" deals...mom wanted a Hoover Steam Vac that they had on special, and since she was out of town, I was the one who got to go and get it!!! It was actually fun standing in line talking to people. They opened the doors a little early, so I got what I needed and was out of there and home by 7:15...not bad right? But lets see by the time I got home, Nick & John were getting ready to head to the lake so they could go deer hunting, Steph & I were going to ride up a little later. It felt great to get up to the lake!!! We hadn't been up there for a few weeks, and it was nice to get a little different scenery. As we got there we saw a couple of deers in the back lot, which was neat to see, it turns out Nick had kicked them up while he was hunting! The guys got back to the cottage right as we were getting there, and we had to do the traditional hunting pictures!
Nick, Dad, Jeff, John Tourney, & John

John, Jeff, & Nick

Mom & Dad had to go into Ft. Wayne to go to the funeral home, so it was up to Steph & me to make the Thanksgiving dinner... no big deal! Well when we went to baste the turkey, there was no baster, so into town we went... luckily the family dollar had just what we were looking for!!!! Dinner was awesome and it was nice to be with all of us! The afternoon was great because I got to take a 5 mile run which felt awesome. It was gorgeous outside!

Saturday we headed into Ft. Wayne for the Didier Thanksgiving!!! It was so nice to see everyone and Jeff got to spend some time playing with cousins. Mom, Dad, Steph, & John were in town until late, so it was just the 3 of us at the lake for the evening, which was a nice treat.

We headed home early Sunday. Jeff was done at the lake, and since the guys weren't hunting that day, we figured why stay. We got home at a decent time, I started laundry, Jeff took a nap, and I even got a 5 1/2 mile run in...it was awesome!

The weekend was great... it was so nice to see everyone, but it also felt good to get away!

No comments: