Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Summer Over???

I'm so disappointed that Labor Day has come and gone...where has summer gone? I think we were cheated out of summer really...it was never really warm, although we were able to swim in the lake, it just wasn't that so hot you need to be in the lake all the time kind of weather. It was great to be at the lake for the last weekend of summer though...

Saturday was spent running errands in the morning, getting some homework done, Jeff playing in the sand, Nick watching football, and just relaxing at the cottage. Saturday night though was a blast...our neighbor next door hosts a concert every year, just some guy come together round the lake and play and it's awesome! We sat outside and listened to music for a long time, Jeff even enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to taking him to the weekend next weekend!

Sunday morning Steph & John came up to the lake, Jeff was glad to see them. The guys took the waverunner out of the water, Jeff played in the sand, I did homework, Steph & I took a nice walk together, it just felt good to not have a schedule. Oh yeah, how could I forget...the guys tore out cabinets for our house down at Mark & Laura's. They are remodeling and said we could take whatever we wanted, so we did...gotta love the free stuff!!! It did start raining in the evening though, that was a bummer because we wanted a camp fire, but such is life.

It was great waking up to the rain in the morning! Jeff was cranky, which made me in a bad mood, not fun! Everyone but me went on a boat ride, and I stayed and cleaned the cottage so we could get out of there and come home. We stopped at the outlets on the way home and I got Jeff some fall clothes, and then we made it home by a decent time. We spent the afternoon doing laundry, getting some groceries, and relaxing. It just felt good to not have a schedule! I did put Jeff to bed early though because he was grouchy!!!

No comments: