Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Weekend of Fun

I can't believe my weekend has come to an end. It was a great weekend too... 4 days off of work, lots of down time, lots of time at the hospital with Nick's dad, and lots of relaxing. It felt great to be home with Jeff, and I'm wishing I didn't have to go back to work tomorrow.

Honestly the days went by so fast... Friday Nick had to work, but his mom was here, so I took her up to the hospital in the morning and then visited for a bit with them. We took Nick lunch and then Jeff took a nice long nap, and mom did too, felt great! When Nick got home we went to Bob Evans and took Nick's parents dinner. It was nice to be up there with them, and Jeff enjoys walking around the hospital with Ruthann, god only knows the trouble the two of them get into! Ruthann ended up coming back and spending the night with us, but Nick went out with some friends so Ruthann and I spent a couple of hours playing Sequence, it was a nice time.

Saturday morning I got up early and headed to the store. Felt great to go by myself and get in and out without any whining from Jeff. I hurried and unloaded everything and then headed to take Ruthann to the hospital and then off to Nick's basketball game. Jeff enjoys the games...probably because he gets to sit and eat tons of sugar! Nick & I ended up taking Jeff to the zoo yesterday though. Going to St V's everyday we would pass the zoo and he would get so excited and ask to go. I finally told Nick we had to take him, so we went for about an hour and a half and it was so nice to be outside, but the look on Jeff's face was priceless. He was so excited that we were taking him to the zoo, his face just lite up with excitement! When we got home, he went down and I started cooking dinner and a soup for Nick's parents to take home with them. Nick went up to the hospital and I stayed home with Jeff, felt nice to be home.

Jeff slept until 9 this morning! I was shocked when I got of the shower and he was still asleep. It was nice just to be the 3 of us since Mom & Dad were at the lake for the weekend. We just relaxed and hung out together. We got a call though that Lauren's water broke this morning so that was exciting to know that we were going to have a new nephew at some point today. I packed up some soup and bread and we headed up to the hospital so we could say good-bye to Nick's parents. His dad finally got released today so that was a good thing, after 10 days of being in the hospital, I think he was more then ready. When we were done there we went to BRU and got Jeff some CARS bedding for his bed... (Jeff is in LOVE with the movie Cars and Nick wanted to get him some stuff today.) His room is adorable - stickers on the wall, and Cars bedding, he is so proud and wants to show everyone when they walk in the door. It's so much fun doing things to make him happy! When he took his nap this afternoon I went out for a 5 1/2 mile run and it felt great! I got the Ipod all calibrated so that was good too. It was nice when everyone got home, and we caught up...now I'm waiting on pictures of the new nephew, but I bet I'll be in bed before the pictures come through, oh well, something to look forward to tomorrow.

No comments: