Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Can It Really Be Sunday?

These weekends just go by way to fast for me. It seems like it takes forever for Fridays to get here but with a snap of my fingers it's Sunday night already. The weekends need to take a little longer!!! The weekend was wonderful, couldn't of asked for better weather, and it felt great to get out of town for a couple of days.

Nick had to work late Friday night, and by late I mean he didn't get home until 5, but that was okay because I got to take a much needed run with Jeff. It's amazing how great it feels to get to wear shorts & a t-shirt outside! When Nick got home he took a quick shower and we were off. We took our time taking 20 across with Jeff asking every 5 minutes if we were at the lake yet. Poor little guy...maybe we shouldn't tell him where we are going until we are a few minutes away. It felt great to get to the cottage though! Us 3 were the first there so we got situated, Jeff got a bath, and then he told me he wanted to sleep in the bunk beds. I was a little worried about it but like my mom said "He's gotta do it sometime..." so bunk beds it was! When mom & dad got up there, Jeff was so excited and talking mile a minute to them about the lake, it was cute. When bed time came around, I put him in his bed and left the room. He screamed, opened the door, and yelled for me. I took him right back into the room and put him in bed. I only had to do this 3 times and then he stayed put. I was amazed, I thought it would take forever for him to get the idea that he needed to stay in his bed. Well as 930 rolled around I was exhausted and ready for bed. I figured since it had been so quiet up there, that Jeff sleeping so I went to bed. The moment I laid down in bed, I heard "Mom... Mom..." little guy is awake...wonderful! I laid with him until he fell asleep. Unfortuenlty I fell asleep first and didn't wake up till midnight. Around 330 I heard "mom... mom..." yet again so I moved back into the bunk with Jeff... at 530 I'm dozing on and off still and decide it's time to move into the big bed. Nick gets kicked out to the bunk bed and Jeff and I are now comfty in the big bed...at 6 I turn his music on and roll over because I'm dying and need to get some sleep. Jeff then proceeds to wake for the day at 730...this kid is killing me!!!

Even though we were up earlier then I wanted to be on Saturday, waking up to sunshine was wonderful! We got dressed, and then headed out to have breakfast with Steph & John. We never go to breakfast on Saturday mornings but it was nice to change things up a bit. When we got back to the cottage, mom & dad took off for a meeting, Steph, Jeff & I took off for an awesome walk, and Nick & John were left to put the pier in. Steph & I were hoping to get out of it this year, but no such luck...when we got back they only had 2 sections in!!!! It felt good to be outside though. We got out all of the patio stuff while the guys were getting the pier in. Starting to feel like summer is near!!!!

We traveled into Ft. Wayne in the evening for my cousin Sarah's wedding. It was beautiful and we had an awesome time. Even Jeff lasted the whole time which was amazing because he didn't get into bed until 1130, and he normally is in bed before 9. We couldn't of asked for a better little boy. He had fun with Aaron who is a few days older then him, and of course running around with the older boys too.
Jeff was so excited to get to walk on the pier!

This is what the pier looked like when we got back from our walk...
Mind you, we had been gone for almost an hour!


Just hanging out...



Jeff's first fancy dinner...they had jello for him and he couldn't wait to dig in.

Aaron & Jeff... they are 4 days apart and so cute together.



Jeff & Aaron were trying to pose each other for pictures

Sunday was nothing special... we were up much earlier then I wanted to be, especially since my sleep was interrupted all night by another little bed partner. The child likes to make sure he head is touching some part of me at all times, so he is moving all the time. We left the lake at a decent time and got home do Jeff could take his nap here. Nick left to go and see his family in Tiffin for the afternoon and it was just me for awhile. I spent the time doing laundry and cleaning up the house. Jeff woke at 430 but was still asleep so I got to sit and rock him for over an hour! He just sat on my lap and slept. I loved every minute of our snuggle time together. We had to run out and get dinner for mom & dad and us so we went to Chiptole. When we got back dad was reversing the boat...Jeff was so excited he couldn't stand it. He can't wait for Grandpa's boat to get in the water!

I'm looking forward to the week...some big things happening that I can't tell yet, but hopefully there will be something to mention this week!

No comments: