Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 27, 2009

Gorgeous, Gorgeous Weather!

We could not of asked for a better weekend, if we had tried. The weather was amazing...80 plus degrees and bright sunshine, who wants to be indoors? Not anyone in our house that's for sure!!! I will say that it was a quick warm up, and it was a little to warm, but the nice breeze made it all worth while.

Friday night we went to dinner at Mi Hacienda. I had never been there before and it was pretty good. I think I still like the other Mexican places that we go to better, but can you really have bad Mexican food? Don't think so! After dinner we went to Bass Pro to get a few things, so the guys could go fishing the next day, and then it was a quick trip to Meijers to get food for the guys for their fishing trip!

I promised Jeff a zoo trip on Saturday, since Nick was fishing with my dad. My mom came with us since she didn't have anything going on either. We left the house at 9:30, ran a couple of errands and we were at the zoo exactly at 10, which was perfect because it was going to busy. It was nice walking around looking at all of the animals and seeing them out instead of indoors. We should of gone on Sunday though because the zoo was celebrating Louie's birthday that day...I thought it was on Saturday. The train was running and Jeff wanted to go so we took a ride on that. The whole time he was so excited and talking about the train...it was cute! After the zoo we ran some errands, got Jeff shoes for the summer, and then it was home for lunch & naps! Saturday night we went to Sal's Pals, which is a fundraiser for cystic fibrous. We weren't there long, maybe an hour and a half, but it was fun to bid on some things and eat the wonderful food.

Sunday morning we got up and did breakfast with the family. Then Nick headed with dad over to Indiana to drop off the boat since it needed repaired and I headed to the Glass City Marathon with Steph Hoover, to watch Molly finish the race! It was so awesome and inspiring to watch all of these people run the 1/2 marathon, and the full marathon. It really makes you want to get out and do it yourself, we'll see about next year!!! We were down there a couple of hours enjoying the sunshine though. John came over with his tractor and the guys worked on the hill in the backyard and us women went shopping. I have to get clothes for my new job and figured I'd better get a move on with the clothes buying. I didn't get much, but got a few things. We were sitting around chatting and Nick got a call that his brother was having emergency surgery so he took off to Marion & Mom, Dad & I went to dinner at PF Changs. It was nice to sit outside and enjoy the warm spring weather!

Weekend was full and I'm looking forward to the next one!

No comments: