Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 27, 2008

Full Weekend Fun!

Oh my goodness, for being a "relaxing" weekend it was jammed packed! Friday night I wanted to take Jeff trick-or-treating at Levis, but decided not to since it was rainy and gross, and he was still under the weather. Instead we got some take out and went home to enjoy the eveing...it felt great!


Saturday we were up early and out of the house to get errands done. Nick called me while he was on his errand to tell me he was going down to see his brother, so that just left Jeff & myself to get things done! We had to run all over: Kohl's, Target, Michael's, Wal-Mart, Library...but it all got done in the nick of time! I even was able to finish up Lauren's shower gift which felt great. Anyway, we came home and started baking the pumpkin cookies for the Halloween party. Jeff loves to sit on the bar stool and help pour the ingridents and watch the mixer spin! After we ate some batter and baked the cookies, Jeff took a nap and I got to work on my stuffed mushrooms... I just LOVE making those things! I think I got a nap in, but I don't even remember. Nick got home sometime, then we got things together for the party!

Everyone arrived around 6 and we had a blast! Of course Jeff soaked up all the attention from everyone, but it felt good to see everybody. It makes me feel old though because all of the kids are getting so big. Some of them my mom started watching when I was in kindergarden...see, old feeling! We had so much fun, laughing and telling stories. Jeff went to bed at his normal time and just screamed...no one wanted to hear him, so I got him up and you should of seen the grin he gave everyone when he got to get up! It was like "Haha Mom...I won!" I went to bed around 10 so I could get up for the race the next day, but everyone else stayed until after 11!

Sunday morning Steph Hoover & I ran in the Red Ribbon Run at Levis Commons. I was so excited because it was the first race I had done in years. We figured we wouldn't come in with a great time, but it was the point we were doing it. Kelly, Steph, John, Mom, Nick, & Jeff all came out to cheer us on! They were stationed at different points along the race, which was great so we could have some support as we went along. It was freezing! Anyone, we both did better then expected!!! I ran the 5K in 27:43 and Steph ran it in 28:11...considering we thought it would take us about 40 minutes we were extremely happy with our times!!! Go Us!!!

The rest of the day the guys were at John & Steph's sighting in the new gun. I took Jeff out for a little bit, but of course it was close to nap time so we headed home. I got to take a 2 hour nap and it felt great! The guys got home later on in the afternoon, we cooked chicken on the grill and just sat around. Felt good to be together!

No comments: