Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 17, 2008

The Weekend Was Crazy!

I knew going into it, that the weekend was going to be nuts, but nuts was really an understatement! So much was planned, it honestly didn't even sound like it was going to be fun.

Friday night we decided to just hang out and not do much since Jeff was not feeling well and I knew we had to travel the next day. We got some takeout and put him to bed early. Felt nice to have sometime just to ourselves. Of course Nick was downstairs doing his thing and I was upstairs doing laundry, taking a test, finishing a paper, and getting things together for the shower on Saturday. I think we both were actually sleeping by 9:30...watch out some party people we are!

I got up Saturday around 6:30, got the lasagna's in the oven and hopped in the shower. I woke Nick up around 7:30 and he got moving a bit. Jeff didn't wakeup until 8:30 which was amazing. I pretty much had everything together and we were out of the house pretty much right at nine. Had a great car ride down, Jeff was perfect, and enjoyed trucks splashing water onto our car when they drove by. The shower went pretty well too. Of course some things occured that pissed me off beyond belief, but besides that it was nice to see everyone. By the time we left though, Jeff was done and screamed almost all the way home. I hate when he does that, especially since I knew why he was acting that way, but what could I do? He took a great nap though when we got home, and when he woke up we waited for the gang to show up. Lisa, Tori, and Ruthann all came up to spend the evening with us. Ruthann took us all out to Applebee's which was so nice of her and then we just sat around and enjoyed the conversations between us while the kids played. Jeff loved having Tori around, and she was great at entertaining him! It was sad to say good-bye though because I really don't know when we'll get to see them again.

Enjoying some playtime at the shower.


Tori & Jeff

Sunday was an incredible day! We woke up to snow on the ground!!!! A light dusting, but snow none the less. Jeff was excited to see it. Jeff didn't wake up until 8:30 again, so I quickly got him dressed and then we headed out the door to church. He was actually awesome during church, which was a shock, and then went to breakfast with Steph & Nick, which was yummy as always! We went to BRU to look at a new dresser and crib for Jeff, but more about that a little later! Jeff took a nap and then I went running with Steph, which was awesome! Felt great to be outside in the cool weather. The best part of the day though, was taking Jeff to go see ELMO!! He loved it...he was dancing in my lap, and had such serious looks on his face. I'm glad I got to share the experience with him!

Amanda, Audrey & Jeff...so cute!

Elmo & Sunny, the sun flower.

How priceless is his face...he was so excited!

Trying to get a good picture of the both of them.

No comments: