Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 10, 2008

Already Monday...

Well the weekend was once again way to short! We were planning on staying home for the weekend, but we were guilted into going up to the lake to help with leaves. It wasn't a big deal and we didn't mind going, felt good to get away really, but we asked Thursday night if they were sure they didn't need us up there, and they didn't...but then minds were changed. Now that bothers me a bit, but oh well. We had a nice drive up there though, our car flipped to 100,000 miles...bitter sweet really! I actually took a picture of the occasion, I thought it was important to remember! Jeff was great in the car reading his book and watching his Elmo dvd.

The picture is blurry, but at least I can remember when it switched!

Jeff being a good boy and reading his garden book.


Saturday morning we woke up and it was a little chilly! I think it was flurrying out a little bit, but I braved the conditions and went for my 4 mile run, and I did it! I ran from the cottage over to camp and back and it felt great. I think I could of kept going, but glad I stopped since we had to do leaves later on. I didn't get pictures of the leaves, my camera was inside and I was to busy blowing outside, but just trust me when I say it was crazy! Pretty much all the leaves were down, which was good, but there were so many it got to the point we couldn't even blow them anymore and we had to start sucking them up. Thank goodness for John's equipment because it helps us go so much faster. It only took us 2 1/2 hours, which isn't really that bad. Dad mowed the lawn with Jeff, which was a big help because then we could concentrate on just getting things done. They were still doing things outside but I went in to take care of Jeff, got him some lunch and layed him down for a nap...he slept for 3 hours!!!! In the meantime I got to eat lunch, shower, and take a little nap myself. We all actually took naps, well Nick didn't, he was to busy watching the Michigan game. We left the lake around 3:30, to get home at a decent time. Jeff ate some dinner and went to bed around 7, Nick & I got some dinner, and I went to bed around 8:30, I was exhausted from all of the hard work!

Didn't really wake up until 7:30 and even then it was to a happy little boy!!! Felt great to sleep that long! I was pondering the idea of going up to Ann Arbor to the Hands-On Museum, Nick thought it was a good idea so we got our butts moving. Headed to Meijer to get some stuff for the week/breakfast and then Nick decided to call his parents to see if they wanted to head up there with us. We got up there are 12 and Jeff was going the ENTIRE time...he ran from one thing to another and was having a wonderful time. The place is a little big for him, but the Preschool room was great and he enjoyed about 40 minutes in there. Can you believe we were only about a block away from Zingerman's and we didn't go? I'm still in shock by this! Anyway we got home, Jeff took a nap, my parents came home, and we all enjoyed a nice chicken dinner. It was nice to have everyone sitting around together chatting.

Enjoying the stove! He liked how the doors open and closed.

He would spray his face with the squirt bottle...at least he thought it was funny!

The water table was a huge hit, I think he spent most of his time here.



Daddy & Jeff playing at the water table.

Driving the ambulance! He loved that the lights were flashing and sirens were going off.

Climbing through the tunnel!


Some video from our adventures at the museum!

Since we ate dinner at 4ish we were all hungry for a snack later on and decided to make some popcorn. Jeff LOVES popcorn! Here he is sitting in the recliner with his very own bowl!

1 comment:

The Writer Chic said...

Sounds like your weekend was a blast!