Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Well Back To The Grindstone...

I hate working! There is nothing else really say besides that, but seriously I hate it! It was wonderful being off the past few days. It felt great not to be on a schedule, just to relax and get things done that I thought of, not making lists and trying to get everything done quickly. I was dreading coming back to work today. I had tears in my eyes as I pulled out of the driveway, just picturing telling the boss I couldn't do this anymore and I wanted to be home with my little guy, but as you can see I'm sitting at work blogging away!

The weekend was great to say the least! Friday Steph was off too so we hung out together for awhile, then when Nick got off work Steph & John were over and we started tearing out the bushed at the house for Mom & Dad. It looks good with all of the bushes out and the cherry tree down. It felt great to be outside and share laughs and sunshine with everyone. Of course Jeff was unsure of the chainsaw yet again and freaks out when it's one, but after it was shut off we had a good time.

Saturday morning was a little bit of relaxing and then we went to look at a house in Maumee. LOVE the house, but not getting my hopes up to high! Would last us a long time, price is right, needs some love and the basement needs fix, but for the most part it would be a great place to call home. The best part about today was we paid off our credit card!!! We are now credit card debt free, which is such a huge blessing and a nice relief. Now we can actually look to move out of mom and dad's which is even better!!! The afternoon was spent hauling dirt...16 loads to be exact and taking out a tree stump. I didn't do much, but it was fun watching everyone else dumping and hauling.

Sunday morning I was up early to get ready to head to Marion for the day for Lukas's baptism. John & Steph were watching Jeff for us so Nick & I were excited about our quiet car ride down. The baptism was great and they have a really nice house. OMG their woodwork in the house is amazing and it will be a great place for them to start off and live for awhile. It was nice just to be with Nick, but I really missed Jeff. Of course the minute we walk in the door he starts his fits and crying around, so why did I miss him? It felt weird not having him with us, but it's seriously so much easier not doing those long day trips with him.

Yesterday was great, epsecially since Nick & I both had the day off of work! We went and got blood work done in the morning, and then didn't do a whole lot of anything the rest of the day! Mom & Dad came home last night and Jeff was awake in his crib waiting on them I think. He was so cute and excited to see them! Mom said he changed a lot over the 5 days they didn't see him...amazing to me really.

1 comment:

Troy & Amy said...

It is so great to be away from work and at home with family. Me being on 3rd shift - I miss a heck of a lot of it. I always hate going back after a stretch of time off. No matter how long I've had off. Wouldn't it be nice to not have to worry about money & work ever. And Do what we want, when we want. So much for being adults - sometimes I want to be a kid again!