Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

River Rapids, Running, Talking...what a life

Wednesday I got to leave work early!!! I love those days. Mom's sisters came over so we all went to lunch at Granite City. That place is really good, but man are there prices high. I mean, come on...$7 for a SIDE of fries for a 14 month old, because I didn't order a sandwich...give me a break. That pissed me off to the nth degree. Steph was kind enough and took Jeff back to the house so he could get a nap, since he decided he didn't want to take a morning nap today and I headed up to the doctors.

I called Nick and asked if he wanted to run with me & jeff tonight after work, and luckily he did. The air was a little chilly, but still feels great to be outside and get that much needed fresh air. Jeff really enjoys being outside too. It's funny how much he's grown up about walking around outside just within the last couple of weeks.

After our run, we still wanted to enjoy the outside so we went for a drive...way to stay outside right? But we went to get ice-cream and than we headed for the river. The river is amazing right now, fisherman are everywhere and the rapids are crazy. I can't imagine why people want to stand in that freezing water to catch fish, but driving and enjoying the view is just fine by me.

Jeff is just really talking up a storm. Some of his favorite words are "dad, dig, bye, duck, dog...and whining" He is only saying a few words, but he understands everything we are saying. Communicating with him is 100% better than it was a month ago. I wish he would say more things, but this is a big improvement over where we used to be. He's so cute he loves his trucks that's for sure. When we drive in the car, he whines until we acknowledge the fact that there is a truck next to us. Or if he's whining in the car, look out the window and some how he's spotted big equipment and wants to tell you about it.

No comments: